We’ve put together a simple checklist for you to help you start the home buying process! When you’re ready, we’re here to get started on the journey with you. Fill out the form at the bottom of the page and an agent will be in touch soon.
Step 1 – Gather your financials
• Request your credit report from all 3 credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion). Fix any errors you spot!
• Compile necessary documents, including pay stubs, bank statements, and past tax returns.
Step 2 – Explore neighborhoods
• Start researching neighborhoods you think you might want to live in. Look at things like school districts, the distance from your work and community destinations (such as parks, pools, playgrounds, etc.).
• Get a sense of whether the neighborhood is on an upswing or a downswing by looking for features that denote up-and-coming areas.
• Spend time in the surrounding community of your desired neighborhood, imagining yourself living there. (As a tip, it’s ideal to stay put for at least 5 years.)
Step 3 – Make a home shopping list
• Take some time to sit down and start coming up with a list of your must-haves, nice-haves and dream features in your next home.
• Be sure to think about the basics – like the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, an attached vs. detached garage, central HVAC, etc.
Step 4 – Contact Rise
• Now that you’re ready to start, so are well. We have everything you need to find your next dream home.
• Fill out the form below and an agent will be in touch shortly.